We gather all of our demographic data and statistics from the Department of Finance website and the U.S. Census. The Department of Finance regularly updates their population estimates and also provides a yearly report. In addition, some statistics come from other agencies such as the California Employment Development Department (EDD) and the U.S. Department of Labor.
State Building Codes and Standards
The California Building Standards Commission (BSC) is an independent commission within the State and Consumer Services Agency. The BSC's mission is to produce sensible and usable state building standards and administrative regulations that implement or enforce those standards.
San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District (APCD) has recently implemented a new program, the Indirect Source Review Program. This program requires that all new development projects above a certain threshold must file an application with the APCD. The rule became effective March 1, 2006. Typically, any of the following (or any combination) will require an application to be filed:
- 50 residential units
- 2,000 square feet of commercial space
- 25,000 square feet of light industrial space
- 100,000 square feet of heavy industrial space
- 20,000 square feet of medical office space
- 39,000 square feet of general space
- 9,000 square feet of educational space
- 10,000 square feet of government space
- 20,000 square feet of recreational space
- 9,000 square feet of space not identified above.
The City does not have a role in enforcement of this program. For further information, please visit the APCD website, or contact APCD staff at:
- Phone: 559-230-5800
- Fax: 559-230-6061