The mission of the Fire Department is to provide efficient and effective fire and life safety protection to the community through control of hostile fire, fire prevention services, emergency medical services, emergency preparedness, and mitigation of hazardous materials incidents.
- Service to community
- Importance of employees and their safety
- Input and involvement throughout organization
- Respect and pride in department
- Public confidence
- Honesty and trust
- Competency and accountability
- Innovation and willingness to explore new options
- Mutual respect, trust, and courtesy shall necessarily be first and foremost in all discussions.
- During a disagreement, both sides shall work towards a solution which results in equal accountability and commitment.
- Upon agreement, both sides shall work towards the solution which results in equal accountability and commitment.